I have a bad sunburn from a week ago. It started blistering the other day and now peeling so severe my skin is red and stings extremely bad, I can’t tell if the raw skin is now starting to peel as well or scab. Should I be worried?

In brief: Burn care issues

As the sunburn sheds overlying blisters/skin a sensitive under layer is exposed.
A liberal use of a lubricating lotion & monitoring for infection are important. These area are very sensitive to drying & sunlight & you should a sunscreen or vitamin E to keep them from further damage. Skin breakdown areas are subject to invasion by surface germs/infection.

In brief: Burn care issues

Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care