How do I quit smoking?

Hypnosis. Hypnosis can be an extremely useful adjunct to anything else that you might try. The "mad russian" in brookline, massachusetts, used to perform miracles on people who had been smoking for years. A number of my patients who were not able to use talking therapy to cure their addiction found that hypnotherapy with him was extraordinarily effective. Good luck.
Medicine can help. Serious intent and careful consideration of the long-term impact of smoking will likely guarantee a better result. Rewarding yourself with something after quitting for a time can help. Announcing your intention in front of others that your highly regard also works. Chantix, zyban, (bupropion) electric cigarette, patches, and gum can also help. "i was a smoker and am relieved not to smell, sneak outside, ".