Are my funny food cravings causing my pimples?

Dr. Megan Bird
In brief: No
Food cravings are really common in pregnancy.
They don't cause acne, however. An increase in acne is related to the increase in hormones during pregnancy. You can use over the counter face washes and toners during pregnancy. As long as your food cravings are for food and not other things (chalk, paint, et cetera), they are normal.

In brief: No
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Richard Lipman
Internal Medicine - Diabetology
In brief: No
No chocolate, chips and other foods have no relationship to acne.
There have been no foods that have proven to cause acne. Weight gain however, from eating "funny" foods if they are high in calories and sugar may be associated with more pimples and acne. So if your "funny" food is candy, chips, cookies, chocolate, ice cream, crackers try fruits and vegetables--they do not cause anything.

In brief: No
Dr. Richard Lipman
Dr. Richard Lipman