I woke up with itchy pimples on my back that have not gone away, should I ask my doctor about this?

Dr. Susanne Gee
Dermatology

There are several diagnoses that this could be and it would be wise to have it looked at by a dermatologist.
Diagnoses that come to mind are allergic dermatitis, yeast/fungal infection, folliculitis, etc. All are treated differently.

Dr. Susanne Gee
Dr. Susanne Gee
Dr. Jeff Livingston

As a general rule any skin change that does not resolve on its own should be evaluated by a doctor. The itching could indicate that the rash is not simple acne but rather an infection or something more serious.
Skin cancer is the most common cancer worldwide. All of us should monitor our bodies for skin changes. If you find something concerning then get it checked out. Better safe than sorry.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Arnon Rubin