I have severe lower back pain which I have talked to my doctor about. He has ran tests and everything has came back normal, now its effecting my hips.?

Dr. Amy Friedman
Surgery - Transplant
In brief: Are you overweight?
A cause of lower back pain, especially in america, is being overweight because the large belly pulls in the opposite direction.
Even mds are often hesitant to openly discuss this with patients who don't want to hear or accept the truth. If this is true, the loss of at least 10 - 20 pounds, combined with a focus on strengthening the "core" muscles with better posture, etc, may help more than meds.

In brief: Are you overweight?
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Amy Friedman
Dr. Craig Morton
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: See a specialist
There are many causes of low back pain.
Most of these causes are related to the muscles, joints, ligaments, and bones in the back. Other causes could stem from problems with kidney, bladder, or reproductive organs. There are many "tests" available but if your pain persists then a further work up is required. Ask to see a spine specialist.

In brief: See a specialist
There are many causes of low back pain.
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Craig Morton
Dr. Vikram Patel