I've had a complete hip replacement 3 yrs ago and now I am having pain. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Surgery - Reconstruction

In brief: Possibly

While it is unusual for hip pain to recur that quickly after replacement, issues can arise.
Loosening of the components, stress risers in the bone, infection, or fluid collections (in metal-metal implants). The most common cause is soft tissue, such as trochanteric bursitis. A thorough exam and xrays with your treating surgeon should help sort it out.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Robert Cusick
Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Exam and X-ray

Pain after hip replacement which occurs in the same location after a pain free interval should be evaluated by an orthopaedic exam and new x-rays

In brief: Exam and X-ray

Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Dr. Ralph Salvagno
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: See your surgeon

Your surgeon can check on the implants.

In brief: See your surgeon

Your surgeon can check on the implants.
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Andrea Brand