My breast are sore and tender. I have not had my period and my stomach feels fuuy. I took a pregnancy test but it was negative. Could I be pregnant?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Might be early
Some symptoms of pregnancy, like nausea and fatigue, can occur alone or in combination in other conditions in nonpregnant people.
They can also occur very soon after conception before the woman has confirmation of being pregnant. If of child-bearing age and having intercourse, a woman with the symptoms can call her primary care provider to arrange for evaluation.

In brief: Might be early
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Pathology
In brief: Could be
Home pregnancy test may be negative early in pregnancy.
Other causes of a false negative test are urine being too dilute or not following the instructions properly for conducting the test. If you do not have pain or other symptoms you may repeat the test in 4-5 days or see your doctor.

In brief: Could be
Dr. Rahil Malik
In brief: Possible
Sometimes, your urine test can take a little while before they turn pregnant.
If you have been trying to concieve, i would recheck your urine in 5-7 days. Otherwise, your symptoms may just be associated with hormonal changes and events such as pms.

In brief: Possible
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Rahil Malik
Dr. Jane Van Dis