Are tattoos bad for you in anyway?

Dr. Martha Stark
In brief: Not regulated by FDA
The pigments / inks used in tattoos are not regulated by the us food and drug administration, which makes me a bit wary, especially when you consider that, over time, some of those substances will become absorbed through the skin into your system. So i would be concerned about the potential toxicity of the substances used to create the tattoos.

In brief: Not regulated by FDA
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Martha Stark
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: Rare infection
If not performed professionally with new needles hepatitis or other infections can be transmitted by tattoo artist.
It is also a very timely process to remove a tattoo, so make sure you want it before you commit.

In brief: Rare infection
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried