I’ve heard that adding vitamins a and d to diet during pregnancy may help control skin itchiness and rashes. Is this true? How much should I take?

In brief: Sure is!
Fat soluble vitamins , a d e k.
..Are very essential in pregnancy. Multivitamin s prescribed by your OB gyn should suffice ! good luck on your pregnancy !

In brief: Sure is!
Fat soluble vitamins , a d e k.
Dr. Roseller B. Tapangan
Dr. Roseller B. Tapangan
Dr. Ruth Crystal
In brief: Be careful
The body does need vitamin a and d in pregnancy.
However, vitamin a in high doses can cause cleft lip and palate in the baby. Your prenatal vitamin pill should have enough vitamin a. Many people are low in vitamin d. Your doctor can check your vit d level to see if you should take extra. The amount needed depends on the vitamin d level in your blood.

In brief: Be careful
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Ruth Crystal