Hi. whenever I play sport, from golf to running, i get a sharp nerve feeling in my bum that doesnt allow me to put weight on my right leg.

In brief: Exercise & leg pain

Hi,
It is likely due to hip/leg dynamic issues: small L5-S1 lumbar disk disease vs piriformis syndrome vs SI joint dysfunction.
All these possibilities must/can be physically evaluated and sorted out by a good sports ortho or rehab physician, (s)he will also determine if you need additional imaging of lower spine or hip to aid in the diagnosis, and what PT regimen can help best

In brief: Exercise & leg pain

Hi,