Is it normal when your pregnant to have your obgyn wait til your 13 weeks for your first appointment?

Dr. Rakhi Dimino
In brief: First OB appointment
Many doctors like to see you around 7 to 8 weeks because it is a good time to do an ultrasound to make sure it is a pregnancy inside the uterus with a heart beat and firmly establish your due date.
Some of us, like myself, like to see you sooner to go over your medical history, family medical history, and talk about things you should and should not do.

In brief: First OB appointment
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Fertility Medicine
In brief: No
Most ob/gyn's recommend you be seen in the first trimester sometime between 8 and 10 weeks.
In addition, if your doctor offers first trimester screening this need to be done between weeks 11 and 13 (nuchal translucency and blood tests to assess your babies risk for down syndrome, trisomy 18, and open neural tube defects)

In brief: No
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Samuel Pauli
Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Not really
That sounds strange.
Maybe there were no available appointments until then? Maybe it was not about waiting unil you are 13 weeks but rather that was the next open appt. I can not imagine waiting until second trimester being an office policy. I would call the office to clarify. If it is thn schedule somewhere else.

In brief: Not really
That sounds strange.
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Adam Levy