The right side of my head has been going numb and feels like its asleep what could be causing this? I also have headaches when its numb

Dr. Damien Luviano
Ophthalmology

In brief: See doctor

Numbness with headache is an indication for imaging.
First your doctor will determine what type of headache you have. Headaches have many causes. See the list on the picture. I suggest you see your physician and discuss a plan to determine the cause. Your doctor might order imaging of brain and optic nerve exam to rule out serious conditions.

In brief: See doctor

Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Damien Luviano
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Migraine....

I beleive a migrain is most likely, caused initially by vasoconstriction of cerebral arteries that suddenly expand, causing head pain.
I do agree that imaging studies are indicated if you do not respond to a "tryptan" type medication. If this does respond quickly, the next occurrence, prophylatic medication like calcium channel blockers, beta blockers, and topomax prevent or lessen frequency!

In brief: Migraine....

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Eric Weisman