Had a septoplasty 5 weeks agon- my right nostril which had limited airflow. Feel no change. Its also dry and less senaitive, feel no tickle. Thoughts?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Check with surgeon

You need to check with your surgeon.
Sometimes, patients of mine who have had septoplasty try to see if there nose is clear by sniffing. They generate such high pressures sniffing in that they close their nostrils shut. Take a slow breath through your nose and if it's still blocked there may still be a deviation high or your turbinates might be blocking. Ask your surgeon and consider other opinion.

In brief: Check with surgeon

You need to check with your surgeon.
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
2 comments
Dr. David Astrachan
If necessary, yes, another surgeon.
Dr. Patrick Melder
But... Give your surgeon an option of explaining what he thinks is going on. I usually tell my patients that it will be six weeks until all healing is complete before we can determine if the surgery has worked.
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Gice it more time

5 weeks is too soon to be really concerned after nose surgery.
It can take a few months for all the swelling to resolve. Until then you breathing may remain congested. It is very common for the nose to feel dry soon after nose surgery. Frequent use of nasal saline spray will help a lot. You should follow up with you surgeon to be sure you are healing as expected.

In brief: Gice it more time

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. David Mendelson
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Needs to be evaluate

Needs to be evaluated for crusting and mucous.
Could possibly be easily corrected with evaluation.

In brief: Needs to be evaluate

Dr. David Mendelson
Dr. David Mendelson
Dr. Marsha Davis