Is it safe to go for a walk in the middle of a panic attack when your heart rate is 120+ and blood pressure is 170/100 during the panic attack or should I wait until I have calmed down?

Dr. Kristen Dall-winther

In brief: Deep breathing first

I would definitely recommend some calming breathwork before going for a walk.
Exercise will raise your pulse and blood pressure, which for young healthy folks is rarely an issue, but excessively high pulse and bp can cause serious complications such as heart attack or stroke. If you find yourself having panic attacks often, I would definitely be seen as we can help you to feel better. Good luck

In brief: Deep breathing first

Dr. Kristen Dall-winther
Dr. Kristen Dall-winther
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine