Why does my right thigh go numb minutes after I lay down. And also when i'm standing or walking? It's numb from the kneecap up to the hip. I

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

In brief: Meralgia Paresthetic

Meralgia paresthetica is a benign condition in which the anterior thigh will experience numbness, burning, tingling sensations from stretching of a nerve just below the surface of the skin or from compression of the nerve.
It is usually relieved when the leg is flexed and turning on your side. It is a simple condition which is best left alone unless severe.

In brief: Meralgia Paresthetic

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Gary Cunningham
Sometimes tight clothing or belts will press on the nerve. In that case, looser clothing might help.

In brief: See below

It could be femoral neuropathy, radiculopathe affecting l3-4-5 .
See your doctor.

In brief: See below

See your doctor.
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Nalinaksha Joshi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine