Why would my breast be tender and my nipples sore? I am 49 and haven't had a menstral cycle for a year.

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Menopause

You are now in menopause, which can cause many of your symptoms as well as other conditions, because of dramatic changes in your hormone balances.
You should see your doctor concerning your menopausal state and see about an examination and any necessary treatment.

In brief: Menopause

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Breast Pain

I bet you are putting out estrogen only and this is stimulation your breast and causing the pain.
Still i would get it check out by your doc because this time of your life can require different preventive care. It is not an emergency but i would get seen.

In brief: Breast Pain

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Adam Levy