Doctor says I have a milk allergy, now what?

Avoid milk products. If it is true allergy to the milk proteins, you must avoid all milk products. If you have lactose intolerance which is due to inability to digest the milk sugar and causes diarrhea, cramping and bloating you can have lactose-free dairy products.
Avoid lactose. Typically need to avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, and ice cream. Yogurt is usually well tolerated. Try soy milk as an alternative. Lactase tablets are helpful if your allergy is mild.
Milk allergy or not. An allergist can help a patient determine whether he/she has a true milk allergy which can lead to serious reactions or a possible intolerance. This is often done by taking a history, skin testing, blood test, and possible food challenge in the office. It is difficult to recommend a plan of action without such information.
Allergy/intolerance. It depends on whether you have true allergy or intolerance. The severity of those conditions are very different and treatments are different. Need to ask your doctor more questions.
Lactose OK. I disagree with dr. Edmison. Avoid milk if unable to digest lactose into absorbable simple sugars. Lactase is the missing enzyme. Tablets containing lactase help you digest lactose. Symptoms are bloating, gas & diarrhea. Milk allergy is an immune reaction to 1 or more proteins in milk. Symptoms range from mild to fatal. Treatment is complete avoidance. Use Epipen (epinephrine) for accidental exposure & call 911.