Why do I have a menstral while im on mirena (levonorgestrel)?

It's a side effect. Most women choose Mirena (levonorgestrel) because of the possible "side effect" of not having a period. This is not a guaranteed side effect. A lot of women still have a period, but it is just lighter and shorter in duration. This too can be looked upon as a perk! another thing to consider is the timing. If you just had it placed, you still may have your period. Give it time. Good luck!
Mirena (levonorgestrel) Merina is a low dose hormone and should not be making levels high enough to affect the cycles. Not all women have no period on this iud.