I am nervous about giving my 6 month old vitamins with fluoride. I have read a lot of terrible things about fluoride. ?

Christopher Breen
General Practice
In brief: Fluoride at 6 mo
According to the american dental association guidelines;at 6 months the recommendation is 0.
25 mg/day. This is only if your water has less than 0.3 ppm and usually if you have well water. Fluoride is like any other natural nutrient. It's safe when used correctly and under guidance from your doc and dentist. Without it, your risk of cavities is much higher.

In brief: Fluoride at 6 mo
Christopher Breen
Christopher Breen
Answer assisted by Christopher Breen, Medical Student
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dentistry - Pediatric
In brief: Do more research
Like many things (vitamin c, iodine, even water) a little can be good and to much can be bad.
Fluoride used properly is safe. Too much systemic Fluoride at a young age can cause fluorosis (mottling of permanent teeth). Your child's pediatric dentist can help guide you in making the right decision for your child.

In brief: Do more research
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Howard Schneider
Dr. Mark Diamond
In brief: You've Read Wrong
Apparently you have been reading the wrong stuff.
Fluoride has been used for over 60 years to prevent cavities in kids and it works beautifally in the correct doses.Despite claims to the contrary, the safety has been amply proven. The alleged serious complications have never been shown to exist. Take the vitamins!

In brief: You've Read Wrong
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Shontae Buffington