Has a dry cough and a fever seems to be breathing really slow at night in 1 min I counted 15 breaths he is 21 months old should I take him to hospital?

Dr. Clarene Cress

In brief: Need more info

Generally a child with serious lung disease will be breathing rapidly, not slowly, and have increased work of breathing with the chest muscles working hard, and this definitely needs urgent evaluation.
If child is playful and drinking fluids and resting comfortably, observation at home is reasonable. Generally, if a parent feels worried, use your instincts and have your child seen.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Clarene Cress
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology