Since becoming pregnant, my breasts have been so sore i’m afraid I can’t handle breastfeeding. Is there anything I can do now to help?

Dr. Rakhi Dimino
In brief: No need
Breast tenderness, even extreme sensitivity if the nipples us normal in early pregnancy.
It generally goes away by 12 to 16 weeks and is nor associated with pain while breastfeeding.

In brief: No need
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Many women have sore breasts in pregnancy because of the increase in the hormone progesterone.
I would recommend going to nordstrom's or another retailer to be properly fitted for a bra. Your old bra from pre-pregnancy may be too small and may be worsening your pain. Most likely you will be fine breastfeeding. Plan on getting a comfortable nursing bra in the last month of pregnancy.

Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Adam Levy