My right shoulder is over worked and in a lot of pain but I can't just stop working, what can I do?

Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Anesthesiology
In brief: Stop for now
The reason for the shoulder pain needs to be determined first.
Pain could mean overstretched tendons, ligaments, and muscles. But, it could also be a sign of tear in the tendons or a tear in the labrum or cartilage. Area around the joint. Improper motions and exercise can worsen the situation a lot. First, rest the joint. If there is no improvement, you might need pt or further workup.

In brief: Stop for now
Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Dr. Sassan Hassassian
Dr. Michael Gofeld
I would also suggest ultrasound examination if pain persists
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Pain Management
In brief: Rotator cuff
It can be for example a tear of rotator cuff muscle.
You need shoulder examibation and establishing of precise diagnosis. In case of partial tear, anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy work fairly good. Of course it may be a different problem.

In brief: Rotator cuff
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Michael Gofeld
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Pain Management
In brief: Pain treatment.
There are many reasons why a shoulder can be painful.
These include a simple overuse syndrome which is usually treated initially with rest, anti-inflammatory medication, and possible ice and gentle stretches. Chronic conditions require evaluation by a treating provider.

In brief: Pain treatment.
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Martin Schaeffer
Dr. Vikram Patel