My knees burn when kneeling on them?

Patellar pressure. I agree with dr hadied, but since you feel this when you kneel this suggests pre-patellar bursitis. This is the bursa on top of the kneecap. Sometimes this bursa can swell and even get infected. Burning is a little unusal symptom, usually it is pain. Burning could be due to an effect on the nerves around the knee. Do both knes burn, or just one side.
Possible bursitis. The have in front bursa(could more than) some time get inflamed which could cause that burning, also if you have arthitis behind the knee cap could do that.