My knees burn when kneeling on them?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Patellar pressure
I agree with dr hadied, but since you feel this when you kneel this suggests pre-patellar bursitis.
This is the bursa on top of the kneecap. Sometimes this bursa can swell and even get infected. Burning is a little unusal symptom, usually it is pain. Burning could be due to an effect on the nerves around the knee. Do both knes burn, or just one side.

In brief: Patellar pressure
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Possible bursitis
The have in front bursa(could more than) some time get inflamed which could cause that burning, also if you have arthitis behind the knee cap could do that.

In brief: Possible bursitis
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Vicken Poochikian