I have a pain under my left shoulder blade that causes my left arm to be numb & I can't sleep on my left side,i have nausea & sharp chest pains to my heart. Its now 3 weeks with this pain but x-rays are clear yet doctors can't find a diagnosis.

Dr. Ed Kaplan
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Need better history

The nausea suggests that it may be GI (like GERD) but that symptom can also be heart related.
Because of the pain and numbness, I suspect muskuloskeletal. Were you exercising or lifting? In a funny position for a while. Any trauma? Are you a smoker or drinker? Does food or deep breathing aggravate it?
Would check basic labs and maybe an echocardiogram and even consider an upper endoscopy.

In brief: Need better history

Dr. Ed Kaplan
Dr. Ed Kaplan
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Further workup

Certainly would need further workup to rule out potential cardiac, pulmonary, and spinal causes.
An X-ray is not terribly sensitive to evaluate you for the symptoms you are describing. Further work up towards obtaining an accurate diagnosis should be pursued.

In brief: Further workup

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine