After my wife got birth control IUD can we have unpertected sex?

Dr. Joseph Hermann

The iud is effective immediately after insertion and is a highly effective form of contraception.
Be sure to follow her doctor's instructions exactly in the first few months of use as this is the most vulnerable period of possible expulsion and therefore effectiveness. Be sure to report any signs of infection to her doctor. The iud can be very safe if certain precautions are followed.

Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Allison Urrutia

In brief: IUD and intercourse

The iud, espcially paragard has been approved for emergency contraception, thus, you can have intercourse right away.
I generally recommend waiting at least 2-3 days.

In brief: IUD and intercourse

Dr. Allison Urrutia
Dr. Allison Urrutia
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham