My son got head bumped in the nose. It bled for an hour and now hes complaining that its sore when he touches it. Is this normal?

Dr. Marc Grella
In brief: Very common
A big bump to the nose will often cause bleeding.
Sometimes a nosebleed is brief; sometimes the clot that forms in the nostrils can continue to ooze for a while. Try to encourage him to leave it alone; the more he fusses with it the more it may ooze. If this is the first time this has happened it's likely no big deal. By tomorrow you might try to clean it out in the bathtub.

In brief: Very common
Dr. Marc Grella
Dr. Marc Grella
Dr. James Glauber
Though I would make sure he can breath comfortably through each nostril. If he cannot I woul have this checked by his doctor.
Getting hit or cut anywhere on the face usually will produce alot of blood, the face and nose are very vascular. Holding gentle pressure will usually stop the bleeding within a couple of minutes.
And yes it is normal to have soreness.

And yes it is normal to have soreness.
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Marina Armendariz
Dr. Cindy Juster