I had the mirena (levonorgestrel) IUD put in about 4 months ago and I have been having a lot of pregnancy symptoms, is that normal?!?!

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: Depends on symptoms
Some common symptoms with the Mirena (levonorgestrel) iud are irregular bleeding and discomfort from ovulation.
You should check a pregnancy test to be on the safe side.

In brief: Depends on symptoms
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Maybe
It is not uncommon when a woman first has a Mirena (levonorgestrel) put in to experience symptoms such as fatigue, nausea and headaches.
This usually goes away with time. Those, coupled with the absence of a period can take a little getting used to. It doesn't hurt to check a home pregnancy test just to be sure and for peace of mind.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Kevin O'neil
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham