My baby is 1 month old and has a pretty bad heat rash on her face, can I use calamine lotion to treat it?

In brief: I would not

At 1 mo it is more likely a temporary condition called baby acne triggered by hormones that came over during pregnancy.
It will self heal if you keep it clean & leave it alone. Calamine is an excessively drying agent that I would never put on a young babies skin.

In brief: I would not

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: No!

Newborns and young babies have rashes pretty often.
Many do not need any treatment at all but "tincture of time," and go away on their own. If it is really hot wear you are or your baby is dressed in too many clothes for the temperature, then heat rash is possible. The treatment is to not overdress your baby. But other rashes are possible. See your doc to find out which one your baby has.

In brief: No!

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Only use unscented soap and detergents on baby skin. No fabric softener either. Fragrances and harsh soaps are skin irritants. See this page as well about common baby rashes. https://www.mottchildren.org/health-library/zx1747
Dr. Shontae Buffington