Why do I faint or fit whenever I have contact with needles. E.G. Getting something pierced, blood tests?

Dr. Martin Bress
In brief: It's a reflex.
Fainting in these circumstances is common especially in young people.
A reflex called vaso-vagal causes the heart to slow and the blood pressure to drop causing lightheadedness or fainting. A person usually recovers quickly and there is no lasting effects. This is not a sign of a serious medical problem.

In brief: It's a reflex.
Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Martin Bress
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Vasovagal syncope
It's very common, an exaggerated reflex which causes the hr to slow and BP to drop.
Caused by pain, fear, emotional stress, dehydration, illness. Only thing to do is avoid those circumstances as well as possible or if it can't be avoided, lie down with head below level of heart if possible.

In brief: Vasovagal syncope
Dr. Samuel Hahn
Dr. Samuel Hahn