Can getting ADHD diagnosed make a difference in your life?

Dr. James DuRant

In brief: Yes!

It does make a huge difference in many people's lives.
Many people feel more confidence and validation when they learn there is a reason they have issues with impulsivity, hyperactivity, or inattention. The knowledge helps in implementing lifestyle changes. If needed, medications help to focus a very smart and creative brain!

In brief: Yes!

Dr. Stephen Guffanti
Occupational Medicine

In brief: Depends

I was diagnosed at age 50.
I decided to change nothing. I have a medical assistant who has adhd and she hasn't learned to modify her behavior. When she forgets about a patient for hours she just says, "i have adhd." in essence, she uses the label as an excuse rather than do something about it. In her case the adhd label is keeping her immature and unreliable probably for the rest of her life.

In brief: Depends

I was diagnosed at age 50.
Dr. Eric Weisman