Might it happen that a kidney infection turn into something more serious like chronic kidney disease?

Multiple infections. If infection treated with appropriate antibiotic during the accute phase kidney damage can be preented. Chronic renal disease has to occur from multiple and/or subclinical infections, sometimes infection can affect one or both kidneys.Scarred kidneys from infection can lead to hypertension and renal failure.Infections in children are often related to vesicoureteral reflux( from bladder to kidney.