Woke up this morning with a very red and slightly elongated uvula. It’s long enough that i can lay it on my tongue when my mouth is closed. I have a picture if it helps. I just need to know if with time it will rerun to normal color and size or if somethi

Dr. Donald Mantz

In brief: Swollen uvula

Inflammation, infection, allergies and heat injury are some of the causes of temporary swelling of the uvula (edema).
Since it is made of soft loose tissue, the change can be very pronounced and alarming to see. It will go down with time. Salt water gargles can help. If it persists or is accompanied by significant pain, high fever, or problems swallowing you should see your doctor.

In brief: Swollen uvula

Dr. Donald Mantz
Dr. Donald Mantz
Dr. Vicken Poochikian