I feel like I have to poop all the time even after I go. What could be the cause of this?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Tenesmus

Tenesmus ("dry heaves of the rectum") can be due to lots of causes.
Irritable bowel can do it. Inflammation in rectum causes spasm whenever stretch due to gas, solid or liquid stool passes through. Can also be due to pressure from gyn organs, colon or rectal masses, including hemorrhoids (and cancer). See your doc.

In brief: Tenesmus

Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Rectocele

If you are really a mom of 23, i salute you! seriously, you could have a rectocele- a weakness of the tissue between the vagina and rectum. This can cause a ballooning of the front rectal wall and cause difficulty with bowel movements.
See you gynecologist. In the meantime, try adding a daily fiber supplement like metamucil.

In brief: Rectocele

Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Jan Rakinic
Dr. Keegan Duchicela