I've been bruising very badly by just scratching my skin and my hair is falling out quite a bit. I have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis a year ago, can it be due to this or should I go see a doctor for tests? I am not on Methotrexate.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

A good check up to discuss with your medical doctor would be a good place to start.
Bruising to minimal trauma suggests you might be developing some type of coagulopathy causing you to bleed easier than normal. There are blood tests to check for that. Some medications for RA can make skin fragile and bruise easier as well. Discuss with your doctor.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Ananda DeSilva

In brief: See hematologist

get a hematological evaluation

In brief: See hematologist

get a hematological evaluation
Dr. Ananda DeSilva
Dr. Ananda DeSilva