A week ago I either started getting tinnitis or I just started noticing it and have been suffering from the "noticing". I don't have health insurance.?

Dr. David Mann
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tinnitus

Be sure to avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory meds (i.
e., aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, etc.). Tylenol (acetaminophen) is ok. When possible see ENT for evaluation/hearing testing. Also, see web site: entnet.Org which has information on tinnitus and all common ENT problems.

In brief: Tinnitus

Dr. David Mann
Dr. David Mann
Dr. John Chastain
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: OTC treatment

It is easy to pay a lot of $ for a tinnitus work up, but it very rarely uncovers anything sinister (this isn't chest pain.
...). Start with plenty of sleep, avoid alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, excess sodium, and loud noise; hydrate, and turn on some static on the radio or a fan at night. You might try otc lipo-flavonoid, arches tinnitus formula, or tinnitusdx.

In brief: OTC treatment

Dr. John Chastain
Dr. John Chastain
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Tinnitus

Even though the sounds in your ear are of recent onset, it is important to know if it is on one side and if there is a hearing loss associated with it.
Although it is true that tinnitus as an isolated symptom is rarely associated with a serious disease, certain ear diseases such as acoustic tumor can very rarely be associated with unilateral tinnitus. See an ENT specialist.

In brief: Tinnitus

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel