45 yo male who’s had thin/fine hair since early 20s. Too late to start minoxidil? I understand the growth will stop after stopping usage, but will it make the hair loss WORSE after using it? Also I’m afraid of finasteride’s side effects, thoughts?

Dr. Mitchel Schwindt
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Save Them

Minoxidil can help keep what hair is present and thicken it as well.
Once it is stopped, hair loss will continue. The causes of male hairloss are varied and can be hormonal, hereditary, diet, medication, toxins, etc. There are well studied hair products that can aid in the health of the hair follicle and are not medications or prescriptions. One option: nobossbutyou.com to see results.

In brief: Save Them