Can I drink coffee after my running? My goal is fat loss and muscle gain... thank you

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Post running

Bear in mind that caffeine in coffee may further accelerate the heart rate and cause palpitations, but normally you should be able to tolerate a sensible amount of coffee after running.
Decaffeinated coffee, of course, would obviate this problem.

In brief: Post running

Pathology

In brief: Water

Water would be better to ensure hydration.

Drinking coffee is okay but it may dehydrate you so make sure you drink enough water dally so that your urine is mostly colorless.
Have a healthy diet, exercise, drink plenty of water, have safe sex, and get HPV vaccine. Wish you good health!

In brief: Water

Dr. Umesh Patel