No, I am a non smoker. The cough has been copounded by sore throat, swollen glands, headace and nausia.?

Viral infection. The symptoms are classical for a flu-like syndrome that is involving both the upper respiratory tract (sore throat, swollen glands) and lower respiratory tract (cough). As a rule, symptoms that get worse after 5 days can be treated by an empirical antibiotic and symptoms that linger after 10 days should be evaluated by a primary care physician.
Could be a cold. Simple things being simple, this is probably a cold. Possibly viral. Possibly bacterial. Rest and fluids is key. If there is any colored discharge then antibiotics might become needed. Some people worry about cancer with swollen glands. While possible, the likelihood is low, especially for a nonsmoker...But not impossible.