My right foot seems to get swollen pretty often...I am diabetic and have high blood pressure...I have also had a small heart attack and was hospitalized...Is this a sign of maybe some blood clots in my legs or kidney problems??

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Foot swelling

Since only one foot swells, I would suspect a vein problem in that leg or a possible problem with the ankle or foot itself.
Your physician could advise you best after an examination and ordering certain tests depending upon the results of his/her examination. Such tests may include an ultrasound of the leg veins and an assessment of the quantity of protein in your urine.

In brief: Foot swelling

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Steven Seres