I had an abnormal period this month and it was 4 days early. I had painful pains in my abdomen for a week, and a swollen glad above my groin?

Dr. Anneen bianca Venter

In brief: Infection?

A swollen groin gland is not normal.
If you had unprotected intercourse, you may have contracted a sexually transmitted infection. STI's such as gonococcus can cause heavy bleeding, which sometimes appear pus like or smell bad. If the infection spreads to your tubes and ovaries, it can cause abdominal pain and permanent damage to your tubes. Remember that you and your partner will need treatment

In brief: Infection?

A swollen groin gland is not normal.
Dr. Anneen bianca Venter
Dr. Anneen bianca Venter
Dr. Adam Levy