I have a metal retainer that I put in every night and I think a part broke off my throat had a sharp pain last night and this morning my stomach hurts?

In brief: Puzzling

You should be able to look at a retainer you put in every night & know if part broke off.
You would also know the size & shape of the piece. If it is metallic it should show up on a simple x-ray that could prove if it were in your stomach. Depending on the size of the object they may need to retrieve it from above or let it pass through the gut.

In brief: Puzzling

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Retainer

All metal removable retainers are unusual.
You should be familiar with it's design, or you can ask the Dentist that made it if there is anything missing. If so, see your Physician. An x-ray would then be required to localize it and determine if it should be removed or allowed to pass through.

In brief: Retainer

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Marsha Davis