I am 3 days late for my period. I have excessive pain on my lower, right abdomen. I am very tired since this week, my breasts are also vrry tender. O took a pregnancy test on day 1 of my missef period, it was negative.

Dr. Anneen bianca Venter

In brief: ? Ovarian cyst

An ovarian cyst is one of the common causes of delayed menstruation.
It could cause abdominal discomfort / feeling of heaviness due to bleeding into the cyst/rupture/torsion. Urine pregnancy tests can be false negative - it is better to do a blood test to be completely sure that you are not pregnant. Pain in early pregnancy may be indicative of an ectopic pregnancy, which may be life threatening.

In brief: ? Ovarian cyst

Dr. Anneen bianca Venter
Dr. Anneen bianca Venter
Dr. Jane Van Dis