Can I stop taking randitine cold turkey if I have only been taking it for 4 days?? I am experiencing most of the side effects especially insomnia.

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Raniditine

If you're experiencing side effects and have only been taking it 4 days I would expect no serious adverse reactions except that the stomach will again secrete acids the first thing in the morning.
You can block this secretion by taking a different class of acid blockers, called ppi's. Omeprezole is one such ppi and is available without prescription. Take it in the AM on an empty stomach.

In brief: Raniditine

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino