How do I boost my good HDL cholesterol?

In brief: Diet and exercise

A proper diet (low carbohydrates, especially trying to avoid sugars and simple starches), losing some weight, and getting plenty of exercise are the things that raise HDL.
High density lipoprotein (HDL) is called the good cholesterol. If diet and exercise don't raise a low HDL enough, the doctor may start medications.

In brief: Diet and exercise

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: HDL

You may be able to avoid statin meds w/the help of a nutritionally-oriented doctor or nutritionist.
He/she will need your lipid panel lab results to see if you need good quality marine fish oil and /or red yeast rice and if you are healthy enough to take that. Peace and good health.

In brief: HDL

Dr. Bernard Seif
Dr. Bernard Seif