Hi, I'm having trouble sleeping, is there an over the counter medication I could try? Insomnia

In brief: Insomnia

Melatonin can be excellent for simple insomnia.
Many people find good results taking 1 to 3 milligrams at night. The sublingual form is best. Some herbals that are used to help sleep include Valerian, Chamomile, Passion Flower, Hops, Skullcap & California Poppy. Improving sleep hygiene is essential. If Sleep does not improve, would see your doctor for assessment. Take care.

In brief: Insomnia

Dr. Alan Lasnover

In brief: OTC for Insomnia

I would agree that Melatonin is the best solution, although if you use it, avoid light.
Most OTC insomnia aids are worthless, and those that help are transient in their effects. If Melatonin doesn't work for you, I would see an MD to rule out other causes of insomnia, such as age or depression. There are also some things you can do to reduce the risk of insomnia.

In brief: OTC for Insomnia

Dr. Alan Lasnover
Dr. Alan Lasnover