My BP is 148/103. blurred vision, feeling faint. Flushing face a few times today. ECG normal. At ER I felt as if was going to faint and the monitors alarm went off, the numbers were rising. My body felt heavy and it felt like blood was rushing to my?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Hypertension

If you normally have normal blood pressure, a sudden rise to that level can cause those symptoms.
A gradual rise is less apt to cause those symptoms. I'm unsure as to the reason the heart monitor went off unless a rapid or excessively slow heart rhythm occurred. You require follow-up by a physician or cardiologist to ensure proper evaluation and treatment of hypertension.

In brief: Hypertension

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Steven Seres