What is accuracy of neg HSV IgM & HSV2 IgG tests at 12,24,&32 days post exposure? Can I be confident negative? I'm HSV1+, no penetration occurred.

Dr. John Berryman

In brief: HSV I and II

HSV I and II can share cross antigenicity, so if you are positive with HSV I, the IgM for a "new" case of potentially "HSV II" can be confused with a recurrence of HSV I.
The communicability of HSV's is extreme, so exposure will have produced a positive IgM if you have been exposed and the virus was present by 32 days, even without visible or painful lesions in your partner.

In brief: HSV I and II

Dr. John Berryman
Dr. John Berryman
Dr. Jane Van Dis