I've stopped breast feeding two months ago. Can I start again?

Dr. Rakhi Dimino

In brief: Maybe

Once you've stopped breastfeeding it is hard to reinitiate lactation.
If your breasts are still leaking, you could try pumping with a hospital grade pump 8 times a day or have baby di o it, but most kids won't feed that much if they'd had a break for that long. You can also talk to your doctor about medicines that can sometimes help, it is usually unrealistic to expect a full supply back.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Rakhi Dimino
Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: You can try

It is challenging to restart breasfeeding after you have stopped but it never hurts to try.
I would schedule an appointment with a local lactation consultant and start using a breast pump to try to restart milk production.

In brief: You can try

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeannette Gonzalez-simon
Pediatrics - Gastroenterology

In brief: Restart breastfeedin

It is possible to replenish your supply, it will take perseverance.
You will have to latch the baby on as frequently as possible, you will need to supplement her with formula after each bf bc your supply will be low. In between feeds you need to pump also. Very important to stay hydrated, drink plenty of water.

In brief: Restart breastfeedin

Dr. Jeannette Gonzalez-simon
Dr. Jeannette Gonzalez-simon
Dr. Cindy Juster