What could be causeing my tongue to be numb and swollen?

Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Many possibilities
I can give you some ideas, but a doctor needs to see you and examine you and know more about your history.
Possibilities: allergy or angioedema; your tongue might feel swollen (with no true swelling) because of a nerve problem; neurologic issue like stroke, ms; tongue or oral cancer; infection like herpes, etc. If your tongue is swollen enough to affect your speech, get to a doctor immediately!

In brief: Many possibilities
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. R. Keith Hill
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Many things
This can be due to a food allergy.
It can also be dueto certain medications or a candida (yeast) infection in the mouth. It may simply be dueto dehydration poor saliva production. If it persists see your doctor or ent.

In brief: Many things
This can be due to a food allergy.
Dr. R. Keith Hill
Dr. R. Keith Hill