Is there a cure for my sickle cell anemia ss? My doc said there is one bone merrow transplnt will it work true or not?

Donor transplant. Donor bone marrow transplantation from a related donor (usually sibling) or an unrelated donor can be often successfully carried out in healthy patients with sickle cell anemia. A cord blood transplant can be used if regular donors are not available. Useful website is www. Marrow. Org.
Yes. Bone marrow transplant can cure sickle cell disease. Patient's bone marrow is "emptied" using chemotherapy and then donor bone marrow is infused iv. Donor is preferrably a fully tissue (hla) matched sibling (may have sickle cell trait). If not available an unrelated donor can be found searching donor registries. The procedure requires about 4-6 weeks of hospitalization.